L³EAP - LifeLong Learning for Energy security, access and efficiency in African and Pacific Small Island Developing States
Associated Organization: EU, EDULINK, ACP
The purpose of the L³EAP project is to increase the capacity of HEIs in African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States (ACP) SIDS to deliver high-quality Lifelong Learning courses on the topics of energy access, security and efficiency.
- - By its focus on energy security, access and efficiency, L³EAP addresses a topic that is most relevant for the local labour market and socio-economic development in general.
- - By its focus on SIDs, L³EAP supports countries where energy access, energy security and efficiency play a central role for achieving socio-economic development goals, because of the high dependence of and costs for importing fossil fuels, as well as the low electrification rate (e.g. Papua New Guinea 10%).
- - By its focus on Lifelong learning (LLL), L³EAP offers tailor-made solutions, for increasing on a short-term and flexible basis, the local availability of skilled human resources that is required by the local labour market for meeting the current challenges in the dynamic energy sector.
Thereby, L³EAP contributes to the global objective ofsupporting higher education of quality, that is efficient and relevant to the needs of the labour market and consistent with the ACP regions’ and member countries’ socio-economic development priorities.
L³EAP also aims to strengthen the academic capacity of the partner HEI to modernise their teaching offers by a concrete development of development of LLL courses, the exchange of experiences among the partners on LLL, and learning-by-doing when developing and implementing a hands-on transnational pilot teaching module.
Moreover, a planned widely disseminated transnational recommendation report will enable other HEI to benefit from the lessons learned during L³EAP. Thereby, L³EAP meets the specific objective of EDULINK II to strengthen the capacity of ACP HEIs at academic level.
The development of LLL courses also entails a detailed concept for LLL course, management marketing, finance, which increases the capacity of management and administration to implement and manage the new course programme.
In addition, the capacity building programme also covers skills for the management of research projects. Thereby, L³EAP meets the specific objective of EDULINK II to strengthen the capacity of ACP HEIs at management/administration level.
With its focus on energy security, access and efficiency, LEAP addresses the EDULINK’s thematic fields of “Energy access and efficiency” in particular:
- Innovative solutions to improve access to energy
- Use of modern technologies
- Renewable energies; Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions
- Policies and strategies to cleaner, stable electricity services (e.g. to households and businesses)
Themes: Climate Science, Crosscutting Issues, Energy
Followers: 0 people are following this project
The overall objective of L³EAP project is to strengthen the capacity of HEI at academic level to train high level skills for the energy labour market.
The expected long-term impact is that the increased local availability of well-trained energy experts will lead to an improved energy security, access and efficiency and the use of renewable energy in ACP SIDS.
- - to develop labour market oriented lifelong learning concepts for the education of staff of public and private sector to meet the challenges of regional and national energy supply
- - to increase the academic and management capacity of university staff to modernise their educational and research programmes and activities so as to build capacity to foster energy security and enhance energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy
- - to establish a long-term partnership and network between European and ACP universities in an area of strategic technological importance and economic value
For more information please visit: